Tuesday, June 22, 2010

3rd Week Vacation; Father's Day celebration

This past week was not too busy and just a bit lazy in the mornings. Just what I like! No where to be at until 11:45 each day. Emily and Caitlin had a week of Gymnastics which both of them landed cartwheels on the beam! They were super excited! By the end of the week a few of the girls were trying handstands on the beam. Rachel was very good sitting back and watching the older two. Natalie was all over the place not wanting to sit still. Go figure! Rachel will have her turn at gymnastics in July. We played at the park and went swimming too. On Friday Caitlin got 3 teeth pulled and did a super job being brave. It took more time numbing the teeth than actually pulling them. All the girls rested in the afternoon and then Emily went to her friend Mia's for a sleep over and Brian and the rest of the crew came with me to Mankato. While I was getting my hair cut he took the girls to Rapidan to check out the river for a possible canoe trip during the weekend. We met at Pagliai's Pizza for supper and then headed to Gilbertson's for a fire. It was a beautiful evening to be outside under the stars! We slept in until 9:15 on Saturday to be woken up by Mia's mom dropping off Emily. I think we could've slept until noon! Brian, Rachel, Natalie and I walked to the store and grabbed donuts and coffee for breakfast. Brian mowed the lawn, the girls played, and I got some housework done. That night I went to a Mankato Moondogs game with my friends Jessica, Sharon and Amy. We had a great time visiting! Came home and Brian was up with Natalie. She had a 102.7 fever. Great! Happy Father's day Brian!

Father's Day: So the plan was to head to the Salfer cabin on lake Elizabeth for the annual Father's day get together. Since Natalie still had a temp I stayed home with her while the rest headed out. They left at 9:30am and didn't get home until 10:45pm. Apparantly they had a fabulous time playing with their cousins, fishing and tubing. Natalie and I had ALOT of bonding time... I think we were both equally happy to see everyone in the morning!

This week: A couple camps for the girls and that's about it! Yeah! Caitlin's next teeth pulling is on Monday. I'll post a picture when she's the toothless wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment