Monday, March 19, 2012

The Light at the End of the Tunnel????

We are on to another HUGE phase of our remodel project. THE KITCHEN... (dining room too)

Last week Brian took off work to start demolition. He and our nephew John did an amazing job! It was very messy Monday and Tuesday with all the plaster and old insulation coming down. We had beautiful weather and was able to open up doors to air out the place. Who would of thought we would have 80 degree weather in the middle of March. God was definitely blessing us! It was also nice to grill out since I don't have a stove/oven for at least a month. It's going to be hard for me to be creative with the crock-pot! So far it's going better than I expected and the kids think its great! The electrician finished up today and Brian will be putting up sheet rock this week/weekend. Things and people are scheduled so this part of the project should go pretty smoothly. Fingers crossed! I love that the space feels open yet still maintains the feeling of going from one room to the next. My favorite space is the french doors going from our bedroom into the new sunroom. My other favorite space is the landing area from upstairs. We used to have that silly corner closet but it's now gone and the space we have now is great. no more tilting the laundry basket vertically to get through the doorway! We still have a long way to go but I do believe I see the light, very dim, at the end of the tunnel!

The Before...





The After....



No comments:

Post a Comment