Saturday, November 3, 2012

Pumpkin Hunt & Trick or Treating-Star Wars style

It was a cool Sunday afternoon that we decided to go on our great Pumpkin hunt at Grandma's Little Acres here in St. Peter.  We bundled up and headed out on the hayride to the big orange field.  Everyone was happy this year and there was no fussing or crabbing which was an unexpected surprise!  We gave the girls instructions that they should find there pumpkin as quickly as possible because it was not very warm.  :)  They did good and found just the right one that made them happy.  They were looking forward to some warm apple cider but found that the place had run out of cups.  They were bummed but I promised I'd make them "real" hot cocoa when we got home.  Personally chocolate tastes better then apple anyway.  :)  








The came time for carving, which we did 2 weeks later.  Didn't want our pumpkins to rot you know!  Well Rachel's big orange friend didn't fair so well and he was rotting inside.  So Brian, the nice father that he is, took Rachel to the grocery store for her to find a new one.  Sweet Dad!  The girls did a fairly nice job cleaning out their pumpkins and doing their own carving, except Natalie.  She's not quite ready to handle a sharp knife yet!  She did help with the "guts" though. :)










Now it's time for Trick-or-Treating!!  The girls LOVE Star Wars.  We have no idea why.  It's not that Brian and I are "in" to it.  We do like the movies, but never carry on about them.  Natalie knows most of the characters which is scary.  Emily was the only one, besides me who didn't want to dress in Star Wars gear.  She actually didn't want to go out trick-or-treating, which I don't mind a bit.  The others did end up talking her into going and I talked her into going as Queen Amadala (Luke & Leah's mom)  Caitlin went as a Storm Trooper, Rachel as Darth Vader and Natalie as Princess Leah.  She was disappointed because she didn't get to carry a light saber or gun.  Brian made some Yoda ears (on a pink headband) and wore that out for the evening.  I went as me. :)  I think they turned out looking quite cute and most everyone knew who they were.  Our friend Drew commented that Natalie was the cutest 3yr old Princess Leah.  I agree!
Our girls with the Frey girls (an annual tradition)

The Star Wars clan at neighbors Mike & Irene

Husband & wife?  Yep!  Darth Vader and Queen Amadala

Away we go!   look at the cute Leah hair on Natalie!  DIY!!!

At the Gilbertsons.  Check it out!  Another storm trooper -Luke, a Spider Queen and look at Mr. Levi as Thor!


No comments:

Post a Comment