December 13th
John Ireland Christmas Program


The kids did a fabulous job at their program this year. The singing was great, the band instruments made a few squeaks, Caitlin's solo as Mary went really well, Emily didn't "snag
anyone with her Shepard hook and Rachel did a fantastic job playing her instrument solo. We had the Grandparents come down for the evening performance and stayed for cookies/hot cocoa after. Our neighbor Mike made it to the afternoon performance. I'm always

in awe of all the talent...but of course I'm biased!
December 15th - Christmas Cookie Baking (all afternoon)

The girls and I baked 30 dozen cookies only to throw most of them away due to the fact that they took on a special taste...paint thinner. Brian was working on some trim, priming and painting and we didn't even notice how horrible the smell was. Live and Learn...The kids still had fun. Just bummed that we didn't have any special treats to enjoy. Thankfully our friends the Gracks gave us a nice plate of good tasting cookies that they had made. So it wasn't a Christmas without cookies after all.
Christmas Eve
At the Church of St. Peter the tradition at Christmas Eve mass, is that Father Phil reads a story to all the little kiddos up at the alter. It's so special and the kids really enjoy it. This year Rachel and Natalie participated in the story. Caitlin and Emily were singing in the Children's Choir, which they did a beautiful job singing. I just love celebrating special days at our parish. The church is always decorated so pretty and the choirs do a spectacular job. It's all so festive and meaningful. After Mass, we tried to get a family picture with EVERYONE looking. This is as good as it got. Only Rachel looking away on this one.
Not too bad! Another one of my favorite things is dressing everyone in coordinating outfits. It's so fun! After Mass, it was back home to open a few presents and get ready for bed.
Presents-Christmas Eve at Home

New PJ's for everyone! I think secretly this is more fun for the girls than what Santa brings them. Every year we get them PJ's, then family things like a DVD, Puzzle, Game and Book. We had a nice "quiet" evening.
 |
| Brian is excited-can you tell?! |

This picture of me looks deceiving. I really wasn't feeling the greatest. Been coughing and sneezing constantly and was cold. Little did I know this sickness would rear it's ugly head in the middle of the night and a trip to the ER in the morning!
The girls displaying the fun family items we got.
 |
| Emily reading the new book. Look how sweet the others are listening so intently! |
 |
My gift from Brian was this fire place masterpiece. He spruced up the old log holder and added blocks of wood and tea lights. It was so pretty all lit up. Thank you honey!
Christmas Day

Girls opening their stockings!

A completely different Mandy then the night before. After just a few hours of sleep and 2 steam showers I was ready to go to the ER and get some meds. I have never felt this horrible before. I ended up with Sinusitis. My face, teeth, skin, head all hurt. My lungs felt on fire and I couldn't stop coughing or sneezing. Awful!!!! I came home and after Brian went to the only Pharmacy in the area that was open (Walgreens-Mankato) to get my meds I slept most of the day away. It wasn't until about 2 days later I saw what the kids got and what they had built. All the new Lego sets.

Natalie got just what she wanted - A Medical Kit!!!

And Rachel got what she wanted - Olivia's House YES!!!

And Emily got the Lego Seaside House - SCORE!

And Miss Caitlin who is getting older right before our eyes, got an iHome for her iPod. Yippee!!

And last but not least, Santa left Brian and I a present. The Lego Fire Brigade- 2200 pieces!!
The girls and Brian worked on it all day-got all the sets built and also did a 1000 piece puzzle.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment