Then on Saturday evening we got the girls a sitter and Brian and I went to the Gilbertson's annual Mardi Gras party! As always the Gumbo was delicious, hurricane's were strong yet tasty and the craps table was alive with shouts of joy for those who won and shouts of agony for those who lost. The house looked like it was going to be taken down at one point-Jeff looked a little sheepish but it bounced back at the end! Who knew $10 could get you 4 hours of fun! A lot of catching up was done, thanks in part to no children interrupting. :) Thanks again Gilbertson's for a rockin' party! It is a lot more fun when you're not pregnant!!! :)
Then to close out the weekend.....2010 POLAR PLUNGE-Hallets Pond, St. Peter MN
The group "Nut Migration" plunged in the icy cold waters in 15-20 degree weather with a very cold, crisp northerly wind. The proud (???) wives and children looked on as their loved ones jumped in. Brian took part with 7 others to raise money for the special olympics. They are just crazy though! WHY would you want to do that? Of course Brian comes out and says it really wasn't that bad! Hmmm.... I wonder. After they made their plunge they ran out of the water up a small hill and into the hot tub. Ahhhh...warmth. The girls and I were freezing. I couldn't feel my toes or nose and my arm went numb because I was holding Natalie trying to keep her quilt around her and her face out of the wind. I tried videoing the event but because I couldn't feel my finger I didn't realize that it had fallen off the button that I had to push to record. So I the only recording of the event was the boys standing at the platform just BEFORE they jumped. Ugh... Oh well. My friend Jen got some awesome pictures and hopefully they come through on this post.

No comments:
Post a Comment