I'd like you all to think it's all lollipops and rainbows when we take the Christmas card photo but it's not as such. Not even close! Never is, probably never will be. I thought I could handle doing it by myself, but it wasn't working. No one seemed to want to cooperate with me. So I drug Brian into it. He wasn't much help. I deleted the shots he took of my butt...there were several. After an hour, me crabbing and pitting out we got one acceptable one for the card. (88 shots later...keep in mind the butt shots) Here are a few out takes suitable for the blog. Enjoy. They are actually funny now...looking back on it.
December 15th: John Ireland Christmas Program
This years program was excellent! The girls were a little concerned that it wasn't going to be the "same" without their old music teacher. She always made up such cute programs. I do have to say we all thoroughly enjoyed the different format that the new teacher came up with. This year Emily and Caitlin are in the JI Children's Choir-it's new this year and it's 3rd-6th graders. They practice twice a week after school and they sounded spectacular. On one of their songs the 2nd grade and Kindergarten joined them and dressed as toys for the song "Toyland". Rachel was a Lego and was very cute. The choir performed a few of their songs at the beginning of the program. Caitlin was in a Clarinet trio and solo for band and she was one of the three wisemen and had a solo part for that. Both Emily and Caitlin played a piano duet during the evening programs prelude. They all did a great job and we were very proud of each of them. Rachel couldn't stop smiling she was so happy to finally be a part of the JI group!
No comments:
Post a Comment