Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter 2015 Part 1

Easter is my favorite holiday.  Not for the candy and egg hunts but for Holy Week!  As a kid I hated going to church that many days in a row and I would buck about it too!  Now that I'm an adult and "get it" I can't imagine Easter any other way than going and celebrating/participating Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday.  Lauren ended up throwing up Thursday afternoon so I had to miss Holy Thursday service.  Kind of a bummer starting out.  But I was where I needed to be-with her.  Luckily it was a quick little bug and as a family we were able to attend Good Friday and Easter Vigil.  And another part of Easter that I like is coordinating the girls outfits and Brian and mine too!  Its dumb I know, but its a way for me to feel like I have it together for at least 1 day. :)

Starting out Saturday, the girls and I went to River Rock for a treat and coffee while Dad was hard at work in LeSueur.

Then right before Lauren went down for a nap the girls got the egg dye ready.  They were very organized this year and tried some fun new colors.












Saturday's Easter Vigil was a little over 2hrs long and this photo was taken after.  All smiles!!  There were 5 Baptisms (one adult, two teens and two kids) 7 First Communions and 3 Confirmations.  It was extra special!  


Back at home I wanted to get a few more pictures, but I think everone was DONE at this point.  Our craziness/silliness settled in.


Our "twinsies"



Its the Easter Bunny!!







No comments:

Post a Comment