
This was the 2nd annual JI LOI 7K fun run. Last year Brian was the only one representing our family and did very well. This year, after a little guilt from the run coordinator, our whole family signed up to either do the 7K or the .7mile (kids). I can't quite figure out why people sign up and pay money to run!? Is it really for the t-shirt? :) It was a good way to do something as a family, get some exercise and donate money to a great school. Despite my hate for running, I actually had a good time and it felt good to get up and exercise in the cold. Emily was my running buddy, Caitlin and Brian ran together and Rachel and Natalie ran the .7 Mile. Emily and I started out pretty good, but then she had a side-ache and we walked for a while. After that it seemed as though I was the one that had to do the motivating. I was thinking Emily would have to do that to me! We walked for a while even though I wanted to run. I do have a little competitiveness in me! Caitlin and Brian ran well, not as good as they wanted but Caitlin also had a side ache so they walked for just a little bit. At the end, after Emily's water break, she left me in the dust. Nice. So the little turkey beat me by seconds instead of holding hands with her mom to the finish. I get it though...she's a little competitive too! I was happy to finish without dying on the course. Caitlin and Brian finished together, but on the results it puts Brian ahead of Caitlin by .01 second. She let me know though that she was ahead slightly. :) We'll give it to her! In the .7Mile Rachel did awesome! When she left the start I was thinking to myself there's no way she's going to keep up with her sprinting pace! But, she too, a little competitive came in 2nd after her friend Kael and in front of her friend Luke. 2nd place isn't too shabby! Natalie had a little bit tougher time. I think the excitement and couple glasses of water before her race did not help. She finished crying and complaining of her belly hurting and her throat hurting. Still, she finished and for a little peanut that was pretty darn good! Later in the evening we enjoyed the LOI Dinner and Auction. It was a very fun and exhausting day!
 |
| Natalie super excited to run! |
 |
Pre-race Photo
Salfer Family-Mia Hansen-Heather, Ella and Levi |
 |
6th grade runners
Ally, Emma, Emily, Ella, Elisabeth and Madison
missing from photo-Mia |
 |
| working out our strategy :) |
Last Year there were only 50 runners. This year 190!!
Start of the .7 Miler
 |
| Here comes Natalie!!!! |
 |
Top 3 finishers Luke (3rd) Kael (1st) Rachel (2nd) |
No comments:
Post a Comment