Way back on the 8th of January, we took Emily and two of her friends to the Ice Skating rink in New Ulm for some skating fun. We had a good time and the girls really enjoyed zipping around the rink. Even Brian who hasn't skated since childhood showed off some moves (not falling down) Natalie liked being in the sled for about a half hour and then decided that was enough. While Natalie flirted with a little boy out in the waiting area, the other girls were jumping and trying to skate as fast as they could. Well after a while and a few calories burned the girls were getting hungry so instead of just going and ordering a pizza we went for burgers at Burger King (yuk). We looked like quite the circus-Brian with 7 females. :) Have you ever tried ordering for 8 people? I don't think we have to do that again for a very long time! All in all the girls had a good time so that was what was important.
Brian and I enjoyed a couple hours of playing Bingo too. It was a fundraiser for the highschool wrestling team. It was a fun time but no winnings this time around.
This past Friday, when it was -26 degrees outside I hesitantly bundled the girls up for a trip to the cities to shop. I know....what was I thinking. Maybe it was the cold temperatures freezing my brain! First we went to IKEA, for me to shop and the girls to play at the play center. But the playcenter was full, so we checked back later only to find they filled the last two spots and we'd have to wait another 20 minutes. I was able to talk the girls into just shopping with me rather than waste time running back and forth. They did pretty well for the most part but alot of times they'd run off in different directions and lets face it my eyes can't do tricks, so it was hard keeping track of them. Our next stop was Toys R Us-nice and quick because we were all hungry. Our last stop was Eden Prairie Center for them to try on some clothes and play in the soft play area to run off some energy. On the way home, Natalie fell asleep and we stopped at DQ for a blizzard. A nice end to the trip! I was exhausted! Luckily I had a lady's night out planned in the evening so I had a nice delicious meal to look forward to! 10 of us moms from our church's MOMS group dined at Olives in Mankato. Its so yummy. If you haven't checked it out you should. Well worth it!
Saturday we played at the school gym and hung out in the afternoon and ended the day with a movie "Ramona & Beezus", which is a very cute movie! Sunday we vegged at home and relaxed.
No comments:
Post a Comment