Monday, January 3, 2011

Our car smells like Tokyo!





As part of the girl's b-day celebrations we let them pick a restaurant they'd like to have their b-day dinner at. This year Emily picked Tokyo Grill in Mankato. Every year in the past she's chosen Whiskey River so this was quite the shocker for us. Brian and I were excited to go and we thought the girls would get a kick out of the Hibachi Grill. I think Rachel's reaction was priceless. All she knew going into this was that there would be fire and a volcano. (em and ella were telling her) So the moment we get in there, she's asking where the fire is and scoots her chair to the wall in anticipation! It was so funny! The volcano was when the chef cut an onion and stacked the slices and lit it on fire somehow. It was pretty cool! Everything but the salad was delicious!!!!!! I was proud of the girls for trying food they don't normally eat or see. The girls all left in awe and had a great time. When we brought Ella home and picked up Natalie, Emily comes in the house and says-"Our car smells like Tokyo!" It was funny!! I didn't know she had been overseas!






On a side note, we did celebrate Emily's b-day with her grandparents and godparents on the 31st. We had a pizza party with a pathetic looking frog cake. Emily didn't even have a piece! Ken & Gladys & Mom played Xbox bowling and had a great time. It was great to see them out of their comfort zone and having a blast! Em, Caitlin, Rachel, Mya and Brian played in the snow and Natalie, Ally, Laura and Bob napped. I think Emily had a good celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment