Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Construction Zone


The big remodel is upon us and it's a big one to say the least! The weather of course has put a damper on it some days but we are managing to put one foot in front of the other and take it one day at a time. I keep saying "we" but really it's all Brian at this point. Or at least, he's been doing the majority of it. Sometimes I just stand there and look pretty. :) That's what he wants me to do when I ask him what I can do to help. :) We have had a lot of really generous helpers come and work some really long hours. thank you and please continue to come!! :) I helped Brian on Thursday night into the wee hours of the morning getting the floor ready to be poured on Friday morning. I didn't get to bed until after 2am. I did want to cry at one point but didn't. Brian's Dad and Co-worker Joe came Friday morning to pour the concrete floor and things went so smooth. It was nice to finally cover the dirt!! Our friend Steve came on Friday night and stayed all day Saturday and the guys were able to put up two walls. Gina and the girls came to visit me and the girls and it was a nice to be able to catch up and just hang out together. Today was especially nice to have extra hands as the rafters were being put up. A big job, one that I would not have been much help with. Brian's parents and Brother Dan came and they were life savers! It's exciting and sometimes makes us crabby at each other. But if I just look toward the end product, its worth it....I think! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment