Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Playing Catch Up

I am sad today to have to turn the calendar to June. Sad because May flew by in a big fat blur. We did have a lot of fun, saw lots of friends and family and I cooked more than I ever have before. Entertaining is hard work! But definitely worth every minute of it (even when I whined about it).




After I left off (may 17) we had celebrated Caitlin and Natalie's birthdays with Godparents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins and Neighbors. It was a beautiful weekend, ok maybe just Sunday. The Landwehr's stayed overnight at our house sat/sun and the girls loved being able to play with their cousins from Iowa. We went to the park to play a little kickball and then hurried back home to get Caitlin and Emily ready for their piano recital. Natalie fell asleep during the actual party so we didn't get any pictures of her blowing out candles again, but windy Caitlin got the job done!




Caitlin also had a bday party with her friends and they tie-dyed t-shirts and hung out at our house. I didn't get a photo of them because we had to wait 24 hours for the dye to set and so the girls didn't get their shirts til the next school day. They did turn out really cute though.

As I mentioned above the girls had their piano recital and did very well. They love to play and have learned alot this past year. They really enjoy playing duets together. Caitlin also participated in the Piano Guild Audition at Good Counsel in Mankato, where she had to perform 3 songs in front of a judge alone. She did very well and got a Superior rating. I would've been so nervous, but she wasn't and acted as though it was no big deal. Emily didn't want to participate in this one so we'll have to work on her for next year. She takes after me a little more in that area and may need more persuasion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment